Kodiak Brown Bear Hunting and Alaska Hunting Guides

Alaska Bear Hunting and Big Game Guides

Mileur's Alaska hunting guide service can take you on an Alaskan bear hunt or big game hunt of a lifetime. We have over 35 years of professional Alaska hunting guide experience and a track record that speaks for itself.

We conduct Alaska hunts for many species but we specialize in hunting Kodiak brown bears on Alaska's world famous Kodiak Island. Kodiak Brown Bear hunting is a dream of hunters worldwide.

We know where and how to hunt Alaska brown bears and our sucess at taking big bears shows.You can contact the Kodiak FIsh and Game office for more information on what we have harvested (907-486-1880).

Kodiak Brown Bears

Boone & Crockett Kodiak Bears Taken on our Hunts

  • 1994 - The new world's record Boone & Crockett brown bear with a muzzle loader.
  • 1996 - Two Boone & Crockett Kodiak bears during spring hunts.
  • 1996 - The second and third largest fall bears taken on Kodiak Island that year.
  • 1999 - A Boone & Crockett Kodiak bear with a skull of 28 1/8.
  • 2000 - A Boone & Crockett Kodiak bear with a 28 3/4 skull.
  • 2001 - The second largest bear taken from Kodiak Island with a B&C skull of 29 3/16.
  • 2003 - Three Boone & Crockett Kodiak bears.
  • 2006- Fall 10 footer Skull 28 3/4 B&C
  • 2009 - Three Boone & Crockett Kodiak browns scoring - 28 1/4, 28 1/2,  28 3/4
  • 2010 - Two Boone & Crockett Kodiak browns scoring 28 0/0, 28 0/0
  • 2011 - One Boone & Crockett Kodiak bear at 28 10/16 third largest taken on Kodiak spring 2011.
  • 2011-fall Kodiak Brown Bear Boone & Crockett 28 8/16
  • 15 Boone & Crockett Kodiak Brown Bears in the past 10 years
  • Spring 2012 Kodiak brown bear harvested with 27 11/16 skull.
  • Fall 2012 Kodiak brown bear harvested with a 2713/16 skull.
  • Spring 2013 Kodiak Brown Bear B&C 28 5/8
  • Fall 2013 Kodiak Brown Bear B&C 28 1/2
  • Spring 2014 three Boone & Crockett Kodiak Brown Bears scoring  29 11/16,  28 7/8,  28 1/8 


Boone & Crockett Skulls

Fair Chase Hunts

Professional Guides

About Your Hunting Guide

Scott Mileur - is a professional, registered guide who began guiding Alaskan brown bears on Kodiak Island decades ago as an assistant guide for the legendary team Bill Pinnell and Morris Talifson. ("The Last of the Great Brown Bear Men")



The Kodiak Island Legend Continues - When Pinnell and Talifson retired, Scott took over their legendary guide area located on the South end of Kodiak Island near Olga Bay in the Red Lake and Karluk Lake Areas. Milleur's camps continue to consistently produce Boone and Crockett trophies year after year.


Kodiak Brown Bear Hunting means good genetics and low hunting pressure. For this reason you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to take a record book Kodiak brown bear. This area also offers very good Sitka Black Tail Deer, Mountain Goat, and Reindeer opportunities.

Professional Alaska Hunting Guides - Our operation only conducts quality personal hunts in true "Fair Chase Hunting" fashion. We are not a high volume operation. We only take a limited number of hunters each year to assure our guests that their Alaskan Hunting experience will be a treasured memory of a lifetime. Scott is a registered Alaska hunting guide and he personally guides over 60% of all clients. He has a team of other registered guides with many years of experience that guide the other 40%.

All Hanicapped Clients are very welcome in my camp, and we look forward to making your dream come true with an outstanding trophy.

Other Alaska Hunts We Guide

  • Mountain Goat Hunts - Our Alaska Goat Hunts my camps are within the Chugach Range and Kodiak Island. We give a 100%+ effort to see that your hunt is fun and successful!
  • Dall Sheep Hunts - In 1989, We took a Boone & Crockett Dall Sheep that scored 181 3/8.
  • Moose Hunting - We conduct our Alaska Moose Hunts in the Alaska Range in or near the Kuskokwim River drainage.
  • Sitka Black Tail Hunts - We have areas to hunt on Kodiak Island that host large populations of Sitka Blacktail deer.
  • Sitka Blacktail Deer hunts still available for fall 2014.

  • Grizzly Hunts - Interior grizzly hunting in the Alaska Range or near the Kuskokwim drainage.Also Grizzly bear hunts avialable in the Kilbuck Mts. near Bethel,Ak.
  • Alaska Range Caribou - Barren ground caribou are in the areas of the Alaska Range we hunt.
  • Black Bear Hunts - Black bears are the most prolific predators in Alaska and number are high in our areas.


These hunts are conducted in the Alaska Range in or near the Kuskokwim River Drainage. In these areas there is also good populations of Wolves and Wolverines.

For additional information - or to book an Alaska Kodiak brown bear, goat, deer, sheep, or moose hunt, please contact us. If you are sending an email, please be sure to include your phone number with area code.



Mileur's Guide Service

c/o Scott Mileur
P.O. Box 2661
Palmer, Alaska 99645

(907) 745-1747